Friday, December 4, 2009

Little things


I had a longish discussion with someone about something I would've normally not had.

I said out loud things I have always known exactly the way I sensed them, not today but from many, many years ago. Then, it would never matter whether I said them or not or who’d give a damn. But deep down, I always knew that I wasn’t off mark about it then, nor am I today.

Its a little instinct; faith perhaps in the simplicity and goodness of people and a little naïveté. Bad, bad combination.

But it brought a remarkable sense of peace, the utterance of this deep rooted, earnest belief, which has nowhere to come from really. But it does not go away. It silently rings true. Everytime. Like the unregistered chime of a little cuckoo clock, tucked away in a little corner of a room full of people at a cocktail party.

And it felt quite nice. For the peace to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment